I’m taking a break from photo challenges for my PostAWeek Challenge because I just couldn’t pass up Topic #102 from The DailyPost:
Make a top ten list of favorite things to do you haven’t done in over a year.
1. Write poetry. I stopped writing poetry a couple of years ago because the words, inspiration and mood have already eluded me. A really, really long writer’s block. I tried writing again about about two years ago when a friend asked me to come up with lyrics for their band’s song. Then I stopped writing again. Recently, I dug out some old poems I wrote and little by little I’m starting to warm up to the thought of attempting to write again, which reminds me: I’ve been asked to write another lyrics to a song. I hope I get in the right mindset to work on it. *crosses fingers*
2. Do surveys. No, not the statistical surveys I studied and analyzed in my major back in college. Those fun surveys that were a hit back in Friendster. Remember them? My Multiply blog friends and I used to enjoy them before. The playlist survey. The what’s-in-your-closet survey. The top 3 or 4 or 5 survey. How about we revive the fun back again?
3. Play The Sims 3. I fell for The Sims 1 hook, line and sinker the first time I got to play it at a family friends house. When we got home, I bugged my dear father to no end to download the game and spent sleepless nights controlling these simulated people. Haha. I eagerly awaited and downloaded The Sims 2 and its expansion packs when it came out and finally The Sims 3 and its expansion packs. Yes, I am a Sims addict. Well, was because it’s been quite some time since I last played because our desktop computer died. Playing the game on a laptop isn’t the same. Plus it crashes a lot so I gave up on it. But that doesn’t mean I stopped thinking about it. Haha.
4. Watch sine. And to think I did this every weekend for almost a year back in Manila some 3 or 4 years ago. Well, back then I was living independently and working and had to have my own weekend chill out time before facing another work week. And my idea of enjoying some weekend down time back then was having solo movie trips at my favorite mall’s cinema with a bucket of popcorn and a large drink. Coming back home in 2007, my preferences changed and the homebody in me realized that it was more fun downloading movies and TV series to watch in marathon on lazy days. With the occasional big bowl of popcorn and large drink.
5. Take fun tests. Remember Blogthings? HelloQuizzy? Quizbox? Are you a Nerd, a Geek or a Dork? What’s the hidden meaning behind your name? What chocolate dessert are you? What color is your name? What’s your travel horoscope? I’m a Pure Nerd, by the way.
6. Do something DIY-ish. Like painting my own window frames or building a wonky book shelf.
7. What-I’m-Lovin’ Wednesdays and The Obesession Files. The What-I’m-Lovin’ Wednesday is a short-spanned series I impulsively started in my old Multiply blog just for the love of it. It’s a little weekly feature of 3 things that I’m loving. It has evolved to The Obsession Files where I document what I’m obsessing over from black chandeliers to the color blue to Supernatural’s Dean Winchester.
8. Watch a concert. I love listening to live bands and my favorite concert experience was during one of the UP fair concerts at the UP sunken garden back in 2008. I screamed my lungs out to bands I loved such as Soapdish, Silent Sanctuary, Itchyworms, Spongecola, Sino Sikat, Sugarfree, Chicosci and Mojofly. I was so close to the stage to see how cute Protein Shake’s Tutti, Spongecola’s Yael and Armo, Chicosci’s Miggy and Mong and Mojofly’s Ali Alijandro were. The last concert I have been to was MYMP’s when they came here to promote their concert promoting their album “Now” was the last concert I watched. And yes that was ages ago because the band was still together.
9. Enjoy the beach. Like I said, despite the abundance of beautiful beaches in the country, I rarely get to enjoy them. Boracay with the family was a long time ago as was Duka Bay with my best friends B and A. Our recent attempt to have some beach fun failed we enjoyed swimming in the pool at a resort instead.
10. Make top ten lists. ‘Nuff said.